Bringing happiness to others during Christmas

More often than not, we put ourselves as top priority and forget the importance of giving.

This Christmas, I had loads of fun, not just because I had a mini-party and good food and nice presents. But because I had achieved putting others first. During certain times, there would be opportunities for you to stand out among the crowd and wave the flag of control but many a time, it would be good to relax and stay happy.

This was what I learnt this Christmas after inviting my brother-in-law's friends and my brother over for Christmas. There's no need to be an Indian chief, no need to fuss over the mess that is temporarily created because of the party. Just stay cool, do what you think you like and let the whole party just smoothly happen.

My brother-in-law said something that I felt truly meaningful: Thanks for everything, it was a smash last night!

Then it also struck me that not only me, the whole gang and my brother and him were all quite happy. That made me extremely happy. So as what they said more often than not by making others happy you would be happy as well. I truly did have a Merry Christmas just simply by putting others first and let myself hide in the background.

Would think that in future gatherings with friends, with that kind of mentality, they would enjoy themselves more than they had before...

Comments

Popular Posts