Sweet Little Blessings That I Could Count

I am not lonely this christmas.

More often that not, I wonder what is the true meaning during christmas, is it merely about singing Christmas carols and giving presents to everyone. I am not a christian so I cannot really appreciate the celebration of the birth of christ. But what I could appreciate underneath the facades of commercialization that the season entails is to truly care for those who matters.

I realized that I have been focusing too much on 'ME', 'MYSELF' and 'NO ONE ELSE'. My brother, a thirteen year-old, enlightened me on that, he said that the only way I could be happy is focus on bringing happiness to people around me. Not only providing them from a material perspective but also from an emotional perspective and on a day-t0-day basis. People I love could only enjoy my love if they receive my love unconditionally. The key word is 'unconditional'. Giving without wanting someone to give me the same quantity or same amount. For example, if you give someone a treat, don't need to expect the person to give you a treat back.

Then I find that anyone else who misunderstands you or puts you down don't matter anymore. Anyways, I think I am a much more secure person than I was say one or two years back. I find myself on average a happier person - although I may appear stressed and pressurized, I know where my priority lies and I move towards these priority using a concerted effort.

A gift I am giving to myself - more important than any other that I received during christmas - an advice that makes me Feel & Stay Happy.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts