Road to Recovery CNY Special

A special and meaningful Chinese New Year
 
恭喜发财, 身体健康!
 
It is kind of sad that during my visit to the doctor before Chinese New Year, the doctor said that I have to be on my crutches for another four weeks and the fracture hasn't healed (in fact I can't tell from my naked eye but he said it widened slightly). I felt quite upset when I heard that I may have moved around too much aggravating the injury, causing "micro movements" in the ankle bone that may have delayed the healing process. I had high expectations that I will be able to walk during Chinese New Year, even if it is not house visiting, I will be able to stand up properly and take photos. Honestly, negativity about my recovery really overwhelmed me in the last few days of the year of the Dragon.
 
However, as the Chinese New Year approached, I was busy "managing" my helper and kept myself surrounded by friends and relativies through what's apps and Facebook. I lightened up a little. I thought to myself - I need a good pair of legs to bring me around, to travel, to exercise and to drive. I need to rest, so I know that resting at home totally during Chinese New Year will mean missing out on friend's gatherings, Lou Hei sessions in the office, and shopping/movies. But I think it is worth it to take the short-term pain to gain in the long-term.
 




















The positive thing is that this Chinese New Year, I am inviting all my group of friends to gather at my place for steamboat, Lou Hei, photo taking and mahjong sessions. And a lot of them agreed to come to visit me since I am injured. That means that February will be easier to pass than long and boring January. The only thing now is I really have to control my diet because being at home with all the BBQ pork, love letters and goodies on my dining table would mean that I will be super tempted to gobble them up. I am supposed to lose weight not gain weight so that when my ankle recovers I will putting less pressure on it.

Anyways, I am grateful and glad for friends and family who visit me during Chinese New Year - bought goodies, magazines, jigsaw puzzles...recommended good movies, good drama serials to watch so that I am less bored. And also everyone who replied to my What's Apps messages just to humour me when I am bored...haha...I must really take stock of all the silver linings throughout the road to recovery.

I was re-thinking the title for my blog diary on my ankle injury and decided to re-title all the posts - Road to recovery. This is to align the blog story title to the photo album title I have on Facebook. It is also more positive than the previous title - Lessons from a nasty fall...sounds like I am writing a school book about how to survive a fall...hee.

In the meantime, I wish everyone a healthy and prosperous Chinese New Year. Health in the year of the Snake has a brand new meaning for me. With health, we will prosper. ><

CC

P.S. I am open to visits to my place for gathering sessions, please What's Apps me....=)

Comments

Popular Posts