Meet MY family

It is quite refreshing to watch this new TV series on Channel five called Meet My family. Let me just give you a synopsis of what the series is about - it portrays large families with like four or more children and how "happy" they are to live together and grow up together etc. Of course, they show the good examples, those that are of the middle- or high-income range, and those who are happily living together, not going through major struggles to make ends meet. But, is it really that good having a big family living in a five room HDB flat?

I personally feel that the portriat of happiness in having many children is over-rated, and actually in real life, there are many problems that often come with having too many kids in a family. In fact, having two to three kids is more than enough for me. I think the number of kids doesn't really matter, what matters is the way that the kids are brought up and the kind of family values that they are inculcated. There are parents that are working and have five kids but they are not able to spend quality time teaching them the right values, in the end these kids end up being in a big mess.

I would rather concentrate my efforts on just one or two kids and teach them what I think are the right values and hope that they will pass it on to the next generation. I feel that while riches may not last three generations, good values can be passed down for many many generations.

CC

Comments

Popular Posts