Ten Things I like About My New Place

Hi,

In the beginning, after moving to Marine Drive, I did not really get used to it immediately. I found that the place was too quiet (in contrast to Geylang of course). The shops close at 9pm and it starts to get a bit too peaceful at about 10pm plus. Other than that, there's no MRT (that's something that I know of before I moved in). Lastly, only one lift is working so it takes really long to travel up and down using that only lift. But I have to say, the standard of living has improved after moving here. And these are the ten reasons:

1) Here on the 18th floor, I get total peace (in contrast to the days I was awakened by quarrels at the coffeeshop downstairs that stays open till 3pm - when the uncles and their ahem mates they bring out start to quarrel, or when uncle A start to quarrel with uncle B after they are drunk).

2) No more cockroaches flying in - because there were two coffeeshops downstairs, flying cockroaches frequent my place when I open my windows. No more such unsavoury events up on the 18th floor. My windows go wide open once I see that the weather is fine.

3) Facilities, facilities, facilities, here's the contrast between what I had in Geylang & Marine Parade

Geylang Private Apartment : 1) Playground (which I don't use), 2) food (lots and lots of expensive and famous - but might not be good), 3) car park 4) guard 5) Cheers! mini-mart

Marine Parade HDB Flat: 1) Playground 2) Food (Joo Chiat, Siglap, Parkway Parade, Marine Promenade Hawker Centre, East Coast, Playground - all within cycling or walking distance) 3) Library cum Community Centre 3)Supermarkets Galore (NTUC, Giant, 2 x Cold Storage) 4)East Coast Park (we can walk there in 10 minutes, cycle there in 5 minutes) 5) Parkway Parade (most of hte major brands are there, Borders opens till 11pm and Giant opens till 12am on Saturdays) 6) Video rental - there are quite a few of them 7) Cheap stuffs (can get daily household stuffs at a cheap price from Marine Promenade)

4) Peacefulness - I stated this as a con just now but I am beginning to enjoy the peacefulness (after I visited my hubby's friend apartment at The Sail), glad that I am living away from the city

5) East Coast Parkway - we go there at least once or twice each week. We cycle there, run there, go there and eat and talk and read while looking at the sea.

6) Convenience - most of the facilities up at point 3) already states this but I have to repeat it here. You can find everything here - the beach, library, schools, cheap clothes, expensive restaurants

7) I exercise more here. I sweat quite a bit after staying here. I try to run at ECP on weekends and go to Planet Fitness (the gym I am enrolled to) at least twice a week. Even going to the market requires walking, no more lazying around and driving to everywhere (like what I did in Geylang).

8) Life is simple here. People here are simpler than those in Geylang. No more prostitutes walking down the streets, no more fear of going out at night.

9) I love my study room. Okok, this is a bit out of point because it has nothing to do with living at Marine Parade. But having a decent study room really makes me happy, I can read in peace and also place my things neatly. And enjoy the sunset in the meantime.

10) Most importantly....the breathtaking scenery (and I have to say mine is not even the best) which I am very satisfied with. Just watching the sea and the sun set down on the terrace houses its beautiful. Its like a painting on the wall that is ever changing but stays beautiful.

Good bye my friends for now....more random thoughts from me coming soon.

Comments

Popular Posts