Something to share with friends...

This is an excerpt from this bliss to share events page that I have created for a buddishm study session. It is about my rememberance of my grandmother who passed away on 13 September 2010 at 82 years old.

Just to share my thoughts.

In this bliss to share event page, aside from sharing interesting articles and youtube videos, I also hope to share some thoughts on recent experiences I have in my life. More recently, on the eve of my birthday, ironically after my colleagues sang the birthday song and I received two bouquet of flowers from my friends and Edwin, I received an SMS from my brother than my grandmother passed away.

I had planned to celebrate my birthday by pampering myself with spa, pedicure and medicure but I ended up attending my grandmother's wake. I had to be there for my Dad and also in rememberance of my grandmother.
Then thoughts of how fragile the life form was came to my mind. The process of being reborn, turning old, being sick and death (生老病死) is so unpredictable (无常) that no one could exactly predict what would happen next. My grandmother (according to my eldest aunt) was still happily visiting her home during the weekend.

My grandmother is a blessed woman. She have 9 children (5 sons and 4 daughters) and many many grandchildren and one great grandson. During her funeral, everyday there were many relatives that came to pay their respects, the tables were full of people till mid-night almost every night. As the days went past, the mourning and weeping escalated.

However, for me, in rememberance of my grandmother I chose to chant (观音佛号) instead and wish that she would be reborn in a good family without much hardship. I hope that by thinking positive and hoping that my grandmother would be at a better place next time will lessen her pain and sorrow of leaving her family behind. As my grandfather passed away early, she had to single handedly bring up all the nine children by being a washer woman and taking up other odd jobs - her life wasn't an easy one although when she was old she enjoyed the company of many of her children and grandchildren.

With this personal experience, I think back and realized how much more I have gained after understanding about buddhism and how it relates to facing life's unpredictability.

Comments

Popular Posts