bangkok, thailand 2005


I am quite satisfied with the great buys from Thailand. It seems like there are so many things to buy that none of us have sufficient funds to buy everything. But that is the usual case for a Singaporean going to Bangkok. The things there are so cheap. A t-shirt costs you $4 or 99 baht, a set of bikinis - nice ones- costs $6 or 150 baht, bras (the likes of wacoal and elle) costs $24. It is just amazing. Sigh, the only regret is not buying more stuffs.

We scoured for the best buys all around Bangkok, including MBK, Chatuchak, Sun nam Night Bazaar and Khao Shan. For pubbing and dining, we went to Sukumvhit, which has an interesting pub called 'Bed Supper Club', this club is really a 'must go' becuase it is so nicely renovated that it looks 'out of this world'. It is a pub shaped like a white cylinder that lands in the middle of the sukhumvit soi 11. Inside, the place is split to two, one would be the pub (which includes beds that you can actually sleep on) and the other one is the disco. Really very nice decor, everything is white and gives me the feeling of winter. Very recommended, though it is quite pricey at 800 baht or $32.

The happiest thing is I managed to buy really a lot of accessories that I like. The usual greenish or yellowish ones. Perhaps I will model in those and let you guys take a look. And I bought three bikinis, and they fitted me well. The only thing is I hope the tailor made clothes look fine, they were quite large, the last I saw them. Spot me in these very formal shirts during working days.

So, I was discussing with my husband, we could go to Bangkok every year once. Just save up about $1000 and everything we need for the year there at Bangkok. It is so worth it even after taking into account the air tickets and taxes. Any friends want to join us? Let us know earlier....k?

Comments

Popular Posts