Mixing with people with similar values

Once, one of my ex-colleagues ever mentioned to me that people with similar values would tend to mix together. After a while, I think through this and I found that there are a certain type of people that I mix around more than other kinds. And I am quite lucky. People whom I eventually somehow mix around with end up to have similar characteristics:

- Unpretentious
- Trustworthy
- Not gossip mongers
- Have respect for each other (not making fun of each other's personal matters)
- Understanding
- Hardworking
- Smart

Perhaps, that should always be the case. Finding people that have the right values to stay together with. Anyways, people with like values tend to stay together or somehow attract one another.

Because people who have the wrong kind of values would negatively influence others over time.

Positive thinking is important. I would continue to work towards that.

The inspiration from this blog comes from my experience during an overseas conference. I notice that no matter what age group, female or male, I tend to mix together with people that are more similar to me, it is much easier to talk similar topics, agree to simlar things. You don't need to be best friends with them to understand them well.

Comments

Popular Posts