If only life was so simple...

If only life was so simple.



I apologise. I did not have an affair, neither do I need to ask my husband to forgive me for anything. But I made a mistake or rather multiple mistakes that I could have avoided. I took for granted all that I have. I have a good husband, good bosses, a good family, good friends and wasn't as fat as I am now. For the past 6 years, I finally realized how lucky I was and how I took everything for granted. I focused on things which were less important for instance my pride and forgot about the big picture. I thought too much, far too much and I let my emotions control my decisions such that many of these decisions (especially in 2009) was made in haste.

Is it true that only when you lose certain things that you will understand how to cherish them in the future. My husband is still mine after a lot of effort. My family still speaks to me and still communicates actively with me. My friends forgave me for the appointments I skipped when I was a workaholic. I guess I am not really that unlucky. As for the rest, can I really give myself a second chance? Sometimes it is not difficult to convince other people, the difficulty comes when you need to convince yourself and pull yourself together telling yourself that you can do it.

At this moment, I am again facing another emotional downturn. I thought that the trough was during March 2009 but then I hit another trough again in March 2010. Will I see the light again this time round?

Wish me luck dear friends.
CC

Comments

Popular Posts