Views or no views - does it matter?

I have always been known by close friends as a person with very strong views on things. Whether if it is on markets, on products, on stocks or on my life. The hard part is that once my view is set, it is almost impossible or is very difficult to change my view on things. Pros and cons - this makes it easier for me to make decisions but it sometimes make others less comfortable.

Does that mean that I have the tendency to go against another person's view on things simply because I want to win a battler? The answer is 'no'. The reason is it is very likely that you can 'influence' someone to have the same view as view or tweak the person's mindset in a way that slants towards your view.

The sad part is .... I can't do both at this juncture. Yes, work is not everything. Yes, I can regard what I do now as a 'communicator' as a job and not a career. A high paying job doing something that I don't terribly love. But I know for sure that what I really want to project is my own views and opinions about things. Not just repeating or repackaging the views that others have.

So how? What should I do? For a person like me, I feel that the conditions would have to be in place for me to change my environment or my job such that I am able to find an avenue to express my opinions and thoughts. But at this juncture, it is simply not the right time. Random thoughts come up on my mind - new economic indicators, new indicators to assess attractiveness of sectors or markets but then these are just thoughts and weren't put into pen and paper. As such, I have decided to spend sometime during weekends to satisfy my own professional growth by putting my own thought (which does not represent views of any companies I work for) on pen and paper.

The key asset classes that I would cover - fixed income, equities, commodities and cash. The key risk profile - aggressive (a risk profile that I have decided to take on till I am much older i.e. 40 years old).

What I am doing now is my job, what I am doing in my blog is my interest and was my career - a career I hope that I can continue to progress in sometime in the future.

I am just trying to find balance based on what I really want to do and what I have to (unfortunately) manage with right now.

CC

Comments

Popular Posts