What a loooong weekend!

I have many days of annual leave left this year, so I decided to indulge by taking some days off work just to relax and have fun. For lack of good company, I couldn't actually take holidays overseas (quite disappointing actually). But, I decided to make the best out of it and have fun in Singapore.

8 August, Wednesday
I went to Universal Studios Singapore (USS). It was very hot and I was drenched with sweat. My favourite ride was the amazing Transformers 3D ride - which was amazing because it was very realistic, especially the vertical plunge. I still think that Universal Studios Los Angeles is much more fun and entertaining, especially so because we were actually at the real on-screen sets of TV shows such as Desperate Housewives and Fast and Furious.

9 August, Thursday
Waiting in anticipation that LKY will appear during the NDP, weird that people show such great disrespect by spreading untrue rumours that he passed away near National Day. Anyways, I followed Edwin to see a numerologist. Then we went to see my Dad, who appears to be much better. I am crossing fingers hoping that he will recover soon.

10 August, Friday
Shiok! Time for myself. Watch the final four episodes of the Hong Kong serial 缺宅男女, really pity the family of 10 that have to squeeze into a 700 sq ft flat. Hope that Singapore don't end up like that. Then I went for a facial, a full body massage and my slimming treatment. When I came back home, I noticed my car was super dirty - with bird shit and dirt marks here and there. So for the very first time in my lifetime, I picked up three buckets and washed my car...finally! Usually, I will wash the car in the manual wash in the petrol station or ask the maid to wash. But, this time round I have decided to try to wash it on my own. After the car was shiny, nice and clean - I felt such a huge sense of satisfaction. Then I ended the day cooking two chicken wings and vegetables for myself for dinner. Hehe..and the best thing? I still have the weekend...that I haven't spent yet.

Oh, it's really important to spend that bit of time on your own to refresh and rejuvenate.

CC

Comments

Popular Posts