Valuable lesson on dieting

I discovered something new today. I am really full after eating just 3/4 plate of fried rice. I mean really really full, to the extend that I feel nauseous. Then I realised, I have been trying to control my carbohydrates intake in the evenings, and I have successfully managed to do so because now I feel easily full at night. So, it is possible to change your diet, and once you get used to the healthier diet, you will actually feel unhealthy when you eat less healthy food.

Another example, I love iced tea without milk, but eversince I started two weeks ago to drink iced tea without milk and less/no sugar, whenever I forget to ask the kopitiam auntie to add less sugar, I feel that the iced tea is too sweet.

What I realize now is that it is possible to condition yourself to believe that this is the norm, that less sugar, less oily food, less carbohydrates is the norm. Your appetite will slowly shrink when you force a healthy diet on yourself for at least 1-2 weeks.

Let me observe again tomorrow - will I feel hungry and unsatisfied if I keep to my low carbo and low sugar diet - just trying to make minor tweaks to the diet first.

CC

Comments

Popular Posts