Is avoidance the best way of handling farewells?

These few days I have been thinking - how do people handle farewells? When a colleague leaves, when someone departs, even when a pet dies. I have come to realise that some people do that through avoidance. They ignore the situation and pretend that the actual scenario is not happening. Oh well, what can you do? I have a different take to things - I actually treat the colleagues about to leave much better than before. Asking them their thoughts about how to change things for the better so that the people that stay stays longer and things get better. I personally feel that it takes fate for paths to cross and it is not easy to find people who you can relate well to so I cherish every positive relationship I have with people. Avoidance is not necessary. All relationships should end at a good note and bridges should never be burned or broken.

Just a random thought.
CC

Comments

Popular Posts