14 September 2007

What did I do on my birthday?

The day started at 9am. I was trying to wake Edwin up so that we are in time for the spa treatment in HelioAsia @ Paragon. It is quite an 'atas' spa frequented by the wealthy and/or the people there for a special treat. I had made an appointment before 12pm so that I could enjoy the special offer price of $48 for the 45 minutes Royal Thai Massage. The original not privileged price was $85. have to say it's quite an enjoyable experience because the massage was good, the place was definitely relaxing and then after that you can even enjoy affordable food at the main hall while the service staff wait on you - pulling up your armchair's leg rest and covering you with a warm towel.

Lovely to be served like a queen on my birthday.





After spa, we proceeded to the next destination - watching a free movie - courtesy of all the points accumulated from the money I spent using my UOB card. The destination: Suntec, Eng Wah. We watched Ratatouille, the cartoon that kept coming out with advertisements in the past 3-4 months but never appeared till now. Edwin was so excited about it but I felt that I did not really want to watch cartoons on my birthday. But glad that we went ahead with watching it though, it was quite enjoyable and led our imaginations wild for the fine dining that we were having just a while later. The trials and tribulations of a rat wanting to be a cook seems quite a far fetched story in reality but after all its family entertainment and its cartoon. Though, I thought that the whole story was cliche, I felt that it represented hope to the little ones. At the end of the story, the little ones may be less afraid of rats. So that their parents don't need to calm them down when they see one in Singapore - I mean just my thoughts lar...hehe.

Anyways, my rating for the movie - watch only when you are very free and/or your husband/friend wants to watch it so badly. Sorry babies, I still prefer romantic comedies. ><


After the movie which ended at 4.30pm, we went on to walk around in Suntec, had some coffee (by the way, Gloria Jean's black coffee may not be a good choice if you are not fond of coffee that tastes bitter even after adding 5 packs of sugar). Then we went to this lovely place in Sentosa. Yes! We went out of Singapore main island to Sentosa. Sentosa Golf Resort's Il Lido was the charming Italian restaurant that we dined in at quite a costly price tag of S$90 per set meal. Quite extravagant but it was worth it. Edwin especially enjoyed the goose liver the size of a slice of cod fish, he said it was very good, but to me it was just fine. I prefered the beef served with ahem calf throat - which was the main dish. But it was only afterwards that I found out that the way that they slaughtered the calf after he drinks enough milk from the mother cow that there is this bit growing in his throat is really cruel - very guilty afterwards. And another thing, it was great to just sit there and watch so many lovely ladies hehe, I spotted a number of rich looking pretty ladies walking around the restaurant.

We definitely enjoyed dinner man....lovely!



That's it, my 28th birthday!

P.S. The only not so fortunate thing was that, all-day I had this thumping ache on my head. But that did not deter me from enjoying my birthday. The good thing is - I am feeling much better now. :-) Thanks everyone who wished me Happy Birthday....Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts