Diversifying My Life

Hi friends or anyone that has been reading my blog,

It has been some time since I blogged about my life or my thoughts. This blog can be about anything under the sun. Thoughts of mine have been evolving around work, work and more work. Then suddenly, I woke up.

Have I forgotten the more important things in life?

In actual fact, what are the important things in life?

Suddenly, I thought of myself as being a hamster trapped in a cage, running a treadmill that will never see an ending. What is the world like outside of working non-stop?

I took a peek.

In actual fact, life outside work is supposed to be fun, relaxing and interesting. There is supposed to be sunlight shining into my window when I wake up. There is supposed to be sunlight when I go home. There is supposed to be hope and expectations of being a happier person.

People might think that I am exaggerating about how pathetic my life has become but it has become like that. Working day-in day-out, travelling to work, eat to work and working on weekends, weeknights everyday. It is terrible.

But I have to admit. I am a hardworking person. I can work and work and work. Then I look back at what I have missed. Time with my family, time with my friends, time for myself. Is this what I really want?

Recently, I learnt to diversify the activities in my life.

Though, I am taking baby steps, I am feeling better. I learnt to be more forgiving towards people. First step was to try to diversify people I go out with, thankfully, I kept in touch with friends on and off and they were kind enough to 're-connect' with me even after me not really talking to them for months. My brother-in-law, a young lad, has brought about new perspectives of life to me. My analysts have shown me how different people can be and how amazing the world could be with differences. My husband has given me his silent support. I truly hope that I would continue to diversify my life away from just working my head off.

Trust me. It is not healthy.

Though I haven't fallen sick, it can get quite depressing when the only friend and confidante you have, or the only way that you can proof your self-worth is only through your work.

Ofcourse, work is still an integral part of my life - it is my core portfolio. But ofcourse, there are other core investments I have in this portfolio. Primarily, my friends, family and what next I am going to invest into would be my health. My supplementary portfolio? Learning new things, these are things that I might be interested in just for a while and learn them, but soon enough lose interest...but then at least once in my life I knew this or that...still something interesting. But continuing to learn new things is important for me.

There you have it...I am diversifying my life.

I only wish and want to be someone that is internally secure and happy.

Signing off....cc

Comments

Popular Posts