Things that make me happy

I found out not so long ago that there is that couple of things that would make a person happy or cheer a person up. More often than not when you are in a bad mood, the first thing you do is to search for a companion and complain about things. After some time, I find that this does not work most of the time. When you talk about things, if the person is able to give you good advice, that's good. But say, if the person becomes troubled, perplexed or isn't really able to give good advice. He/She is really spending a lot of time listening to make you feel better. More often than not, spouses, best friends and family are really the people that spend that much effort on listening to your woes, these are the people that definitely you should cherish and love.

But I have recently learnt to not just rely on these people to make me happy or less anxious. To achieve internal happiness, I must really understand myself and things that would make me happy or less stressed. And hence, the list below I shall call it 'My Happy List', when I am depressed, bored, sad or simply lonely, I will look at this list and find something to cheer myself up.

My Happy List (not all inclusive)

1. Songs

This is definitely on top of my list. I even have a list of 'feel good' songs, just to hear when I am down.

2. Manicure & Pedicure

I tired them all spa, massage and facials, but the only beauty treatment that can totally cheer me up would be this. Maybe that is one of the reason why I am moving near to Parkway Parade where I always do my Mani & Pedi at my favourite shop there.

3. Food

Not too excessive, but good food definitely cheers me up. Cheap food can be good too.

4. Exercise

I realized that this would cheer me up, just that I am still not over doing this alone. I just fear going to the gym alone. I don't even mind shopping alone but going to gym alone, to me, is simply not me. I must conquer this though, or else my gym membership is such a waste. When I move over to Marine Parade, my gym is simply a 10 minute walk from my place. So I must try to just go there every Saturday morning or something. Or go cycling in East Coast Park. I need to exercise.

5. Reading

Realizing that there are so much more interesting happening all over the world definitely helps me feel less depressed. Reading about fictional nonsense like the Shopaholic series also helps. It feels especially good when I turn on the music, lit up the aromatheraphy candle and read in my living area.

Wow. I definitely must leave at least an hour everyday doing something that makes me happy. Work is so stressful.

Most importantly, I really love the time I spend with my husband. Just sitting beside him or talking to him, I think that is also something that makes me happy (well, at least most of the time).

CC Signing Off...

Comments

Popular Posts