Meeting up with the girls

Its amazing how different the paths that friends would take over time.

I met up with two of my girl friends from Secondary school. We knew each other 4 years short of 2 decades - that sounds like a pretty long time but it's not actually. The amazing thing is how different all of us became.

I became fat, my two friends stayed slim . One of them (whom I am secretly quite proud with) is studying her Masters in Psychology, definitely a smart and independent girl. The other that I am also pretty close with is determined in pursuing her wish to work in a marketing related job.

Me, well, I am just the same old me doing things that I have always wanted to do. Managing people, expanding markets, reading and analyzing on investments, still being in love with Edwin. But I am not too healthy - something that I really am trying to change.

Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays are gym days for me. After 7pm till about 9pm, I will be slogging on the treadmill (inclination of 2 and walking at 6km/hr for 45 minutes) or walking on the cross-trainer (random mode for 45 minutes). I wonder how long it would take for me to get slimmer, but I am being real patient and eating lesser.

More importantly, just wondering how I am able to achieve more. I am a person that does not like to simply stay at a position and just hope that everything would be fine. I find that people who do that would eventually find that their lives would get boring quite easily. Work, go home, watch TV, drink beer, play computer games....quite meaningless really. I think it is important to have work-life and SOUL balance.

Ever since I moved over to Marine Parade, my activities are more varied. I jog to the sea, go to the gym, walk around the estate, read, read financial news/stories off the web...with all these combined - I became more positive and less stressed.

At times, when I have a petty thought, I would think, 'Does this really matter when I am 50?' 'Does struggling to stubbornly hold on to such thoughts mean much to me?' Then I take one step back and think - its not worth it! I would rather again go back to nourish my work-life-soul.

cc signing off.

Comments

Popular Posts