Is it hard to live life without any regrets?

I am a buddhist and we believe in 'letting go' and not grabbing on to something we cannot control. Thus, living life without any regrets is actually something that is very important for me. Because once I regret not doing something, I will just keep thinking about it. But once I let go, I will never need to regret anymore.

I have always had this bad habit of laying in bed and thinking of stuffs. That is really a lazy habit. In fact, I hated doing that because the bed is somewhere that I can actually relax and rest. But when I do that, I make the bed similar to a makeshift office or workplace. So, one day I decided to just not do that. Letting go probably. I lay on bed and started to think of stuff (btw this is how insomnia actually starts), then I told myself I am not going to think of my troubles anymore. I picture myself in Japan, in an onsen, or in China, looking out at the shopping malls or in Phuket, shopping around in the night markets. Almost immediately I feel sleepy and fall asleep.

Thus, my advice for people facing insomnia. Don't think of your troubles. They won't go away by thinking about them. You think, you feel, you think and feel. And then you think again. And the whole night of rest just go wasted. Actually, just relax, if it is a trouble there is no way of finding out the perfect solution to the trouble. Probably, just need to take a step back and think about how to rest and be happy.

What is our aim in this lifetime? To be rich, to buy a condo or to have children. But then, what happens after that? We will always have an endless number of demands for this and that. Why not just let go and be a happy person. Take the world as an experience and don't be too affected by it. Even if something sad happens or something happy happens, just feel that it is just an experience. Isolate your feelings from that thing that happened. Take it as part and parcel of life. Then probably, you will be happy more times than you are sad.

Comments

Popular Posts