My $1.00 daily pleasure

I am hooked on something frivolous lately - putting on a mask. I mean literally. Everynight I come back home, I wash my face and put on a facial mask - the kind that I can get 2 for S$1.95 from Sasa. Then I either lay down to rest or I surf the net. Imagine this - S$1.00 can bring you so much joy!

Sometimes, think it this way when you want to save that dime or two. Will saving that bit of money really be necessary? I used to park my car at the Flyer and walk all the way to my office (15 minutes walk). And reach the office sweating and panting - its good exercise (provided that I don't breathe in fumes from buses and cars I have to pass every morning). Then I was calculating. It costs me $8.00 to park at the Flyer each day and $11.00 a day to park at my office (using season parking), that is a $3.00 difference!!! I decided to just park my car in my office and I use the parking quite often - when I go to Suntec City/Marina Square and sometimes I will actually drive out to eat with my ex-colleagues and friends. These are the small joys of life that $3.00 brings to me.

The next joy - I am thinking of ordering tingkat. After 6 years of eating food from coffee-shops and food courts. Just trying out for a month. It costs me and Edwin $10.00 or $5.00 each. Let's see if that works.

Just some random thoughts.
CC

Comments

Popular Posts