Special Recommendation - Lion City Hotel Cafe Nonya Buffet @ $17 nett

Hi friends,

I always ask friends: 'Any cheap buffet to recommend?'

Usually my friends are very excited, they will say that there is this brunch or this weekend buffet in a hotel at $35++. But my version of cheap is really really <$20 per person. Because if I were to pay $50 for a buffet I think I will just eat so much that Iwill puke. =) http://www.lioncityhotel.com.sg/

This was where I found the S$14.90++ or about S$17 nett lunch buffet. It only has peranankan food including Mee Siam, Nonya Laksa, Nasi Lemak, Rojak, Kueh Kueh etc. Caveat emptor; the variety of food offered is really quite limited. So if you are looking for sushi, salad, chocolate fondue...you will be deeply disappointed.

But I find that its good enough for me simply because the food feels so home-made. My husband went to re-fill our glasses with water (and they only serve water and tea for drinks, no fruit punch or orange juice), this lady called Magaret told us that the Mee Siam and Laksa gravy were all home-made and not outsourced. It is no wonder that the Mee Siam gravy tastes so original, with the right mix of ingredients - spicy and sourish. Yums~ Another recommendation is to try the Ngoh Hiang (Wu Xiang) - which is so crispy and favourful.

I give this place 3 and half stars for being cheap, home-made and good. But please don't expect a wide variety of food...as you know it is only a cheap buffet.

Cheers!
CC

Comments

Popular Posts