Constructing a "new PC" out of old gadgets...

 
While I was shopping around Hougang Mall, I thought about buying a new computer. My laptop's screen is too small and I prefer to have a desktop instead of a laptop because I like to use the keyboard which is more comfortable to type on. Haha...actually, in the end I find that these are all excuses because I want to just "buy something" that I want and not need. So, I was thinking, the PC I wanted costs about $1099, what if I am able to save all these money by reconstructing what I have right now?
 
What do I have?
- A pretty cool Samsung screen which I don't use because I think it takes up too much space.
- A wireless keyboard and mouse that I brought back from the office because I am vacating out of my old office and will only start working in my new office proper in end November or early December.
 
What I don't have?
- Physical desk space. Too much clutter, a printer that doesn't work.
- Time to clean up my home desk space to put more things.
 
So I have decided to do something more productive over the long weekend...by simply clearing up my home study. Throwing out things that I do not need...after keeping them for ages. It was a liberating experience. Anyways, after doing that, I cleared up my desk space...and walla....my "new PC" is here...made by connecting my old laptop, my screen and wireless keyboard and mouse. I am using these at this very moment while typing the blog.

It is amazing that a little bit of spring cleaning and a bit of innovativeness can actually help to save some money. As such, I used the money I saved to invest in something...hee...I feel happy now.

CC

Comments

Popular Posts