The Invisible Ties

It is a promise,
A solid and invisible promise,
Not to be taken away easily by the wind,
By the sands
By the sea

It is invisible and invincible,
need not be seen and cannot be seen now,
Hope that the promise lies no matter what,
Anything material is lost,
But the ties that bind us are not visible in the first place

It is not measured by the number of gifts,
The cost of the housing,
The cost of the wedding nor the honeymoon,
It is judged by other things.

The things that we have gone through these years,
The student days,
The army days,
The days when we had to miss each other cos of work,
The sleepless nights,
When we were thinking about each other,
These ties are invisible.

Losing something physical and material,
Only make me feel the importance of the invisible ties,
The importance of treating each other better by the day,
The ties that bind us together.

Edwin Baby, Sorry...I did not mean to lose my wedding ring.

This is a replica of the blog I did up for me and edwin.
1001together.blogspot.com

This was what was written on the back of the ring:

edwin 1001

I vow to get back the same ring and do the same carvings on the new ring!

Comments

Anonymous said…
While I am lamenting over my lost wedding ring. I realised that it is no one but my fault that I lost it. I am upset but I think now I can better utilize my time if i channel my efforts to getting a new ring. Look out if you see a ring similar to the one I am posting soon. I am digging out the photo soon.

Popular Posts