I LOST MY WEDDING RING!

Sentosa - 28 August 2005

"I had a hunch that this was going to happen eventually if I keep taking off my wedding ring when I run. But then what can I do? I feel strange running with the ring on. It might just drop off!"


Okay, the story is this.

Our boss 'encouraged' us to go for the new balance run at sentosa. So I did go, thinking that it will be fun and can go sun tanning after that. I went with my dear dear colleague that promised that I can walk with her. She nicely obliged and we walked and run (during downslope) the 10 kilometers. Okay to be honest we made a slight short cut. The worst part was the sand run. I think somewhere in the race. I took my watch and wedding ring out and placed it in my sling bag. At the end of the ... ahem 10 km, I took out my watch and put it on my wrist. Then I heard a sound...clink clink....I looked around....deep shit...where is my ring..MY WEDDING RING. no hope. I took all my things out and put them back twice. No hope. No ring. I am so devastated. I looked around and around...close to tears. No ring...how to find? The place is huge and people are walking around the place so they might just kick the ring around.

Disappointed, Unhappy, Digusted

I had no choice but to accept the shattering fact - I lost my WEDDING RING.

The next thing on my mind - call my husband. I was quite angry at myself. But he was alright with it provided that I bought a similar one on my own. That is fair enough because I think I should be punished for this. But I am so unhappy. I initially put aside some money for a trip to Korea or Shanghai. Now, I have to forget it.

I decided to put my strange feeling of unhappiness, disappointment aside and so sun-tanning. So there is always a silver lining at the end of the day. Although, I lost my ring I had fun frolicking in the beach and sun tanning. My figure is not very good but then again what to do. Need to slowly cut down in my eating and do more exercise lor. I think I am lucky that with my 'bad eating habits' my health is still good (according to my latest medical checkup).

Okay lessons learnt in sentosa:

1) CY - my colleague - say the spas at Batam very cheap. No Korea/Shanghai, I can go Batam haha...as long as I am with my hubby

2) Never, I repeat never bring your wedding/engagement ring to a run...you risk losing it

3) Drink more water before the run or risk feeling unwell

4) Exercise regularly and eat healthily - or else your fats will bulge out when you are wearing a bikini - ofcourse you can just 'bo chap' like me and hide hide by wearing a tankini but fats are fats lar...they are obvious

5) When all else fails, flaunt what you have and live in denial (about your fats) ofcourse - ignore all related comments - pretend to be immune to them (and then go back home and do sit-ups)

I am ending with a photo taken at sentosa :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey thanks rachel...i really hope I can win toto or 4d. I think that i must go and buy the date that i lost the ring.

Popular Posts