Mahjong - Singapore Style

Recently, I had a game of Mahjong at my place. Nothing special actually, just Mahjong with three of my colleagues. Two of them were from Shanghai, China and they were less familliar with the Singapore style Mahjong with the 'suan fan' or 'count the number of times'. Actually, we were the ones that were showing them how to do it - me and the other Singaporean guy. At the end, just before finishing one 'quan', we decided to end the game prematurely. And guess what, we (me and the Singaporean guy) lost. It's so 'no face' - means embaressed. We were playing Singapore mahjong and we lost. That shows something though - you do not need to be a Singaporean to play good Singapore Mahjong. Dun worry - I would be playing in another two weeks time - I will be back with a vengence.....

Comments

Popular Posts