Job is a job and have hobbies to balance lifestyle

I think the idea that triggered me to write this post is that people are losing the point about living. They live for the sake of earning the most money, climbing the ranks and enjoying life by living a lavish lifestyle. In the meantime, they accumulate work pressure - pressure that they are not able to forget about during weekends because they keep thinking about how mundane work is, their bosses, unfinished projects etc. etc.

Why must human beings torture themselves like this? I am not going to be tortured. There is more to life than just work. In fact, work should be a "part of life" and not "all of it". I did a survey one day with about five friends and colleagues. I asked them - how many of you are truly happy about your job? Only one said "I think it is alright". The rest started to complain and talk about how they are not being appreciated or valued at work.

Then it struck me - only a very small portion of people are truly enjoying their work. Most of the time, we are not really happy with the way things are. That is why, I have decided at this point that work is work and I want to live my life to the fullest outside of work.

Activities that I should do but am not doing enough of:

- exercising
- meeting up with friends
- writing and reading
- spending more time with my family
- cooking
- praying to buddha

On top of that, I hope that I will be able to plan for a 10-day trip to Australia (Melbourne, Sydney and Gold Coast) some time in December 2012. That's it, I have it on paper - I need to concentrate on life after work more often.

CC

Comments

Popular Posts