Writing as a form of expressing and recording life's moments

Have you ever wondered what kind of life you will lead if you can't read or write? I don't mean people who are blind or handicapped. I mean people who are not able to express themselves well on paper or in person. They simply do not have the mood to do so. People who are too involved with being unhappy and dissatisfied with their lives such that they forget that they should read about the larger picture and not only themselves. They forget that life is not only about their ambition, their hopes but also helping to fulfil the aspiration of others.

I have never been someone that felt despondence can change a person's character until now. These are bad times. The euro area crisis, risks of jobs being lost, the disappointment faced by people when their investments turn red - sounds familiar - yes, it is yet another financial crisis. And, the thought that would go through peoples' mind is always similar - job security, am I really doing what I love to do, do I have enough emergency funds in my bank account to tide through the crisis. I have shifted from being an optimist to a pessimist. I have become more negative and less eager to think positively.

More often than not, our emotions oscillate from positive to negative - just like the markets. And, they fall into a state of despondency when negative events happen. During the last financial crisis, I had to grapple with problems I faced in my marriage. This crisis, health issues that my aged father is facing that requires not only monetary support but also emotional support (when I actually need quite a bit of that on my own). So, what can I do now?

Haha, the funny thing is - I have been trying to escape from the issues at hand. I have been surfing websites like Groupon, deal.com.sg to find the cheapest getaways - and more often than not, they are short trips to Batam, Thailand etc. I have been spending time and money escaping from the issues at hand. I forgot that I can actually read and write to figure out how to solve these issues.

That's it. I will resolve the issues at hand using my analytical capabilities. Using logic. Emotions engulfing my time and energy is no longer something I am going to find acceptable in my life. In the coming posts, I will seek to resolve my issues one by one by sharing my solutions to each of these issues in the blog.

The encouraging thing is - I actually have people reading my blogs - be it anonymous people, be it friends and colleagues - please comment on what I have written. Give me ideas, share experiences. I believe in the power of thought-sharing and generating creative ideas to resolve issues.

Here goes nothing....my next blog entry.....

CC

Comments

Popular Posts