Yes, charisma can feed you well...but that's about it.

I am really exhausted today after work. But, I am so inspired by how recent events transpired that I must write this blog about charisma. I own up, I am easily charmed by men with strong charisma. At a dinner table during an award ceremony, there was this Scottish guy from a Swiss, now he is really amazingly charismatic. But, as a colleague of mine rightly pointed out, he is rather short, which is quite typical of some good looking guys (i.e. Tom Cruise, Aaron Kwok). My husband is also very charismatic - oh well to me at least. And my ex-boss in my ex-company is also very charismatic. So there you go, charisma does help to attract people's attention to someone. Especially, when the person is a pastor, presenter, speaker, leader or lecturer.

But, while charisma can feed a person well when the person actually needs the charisma to convince others to believe in something, it is only through time and deeper understanding that the "true colour" of a person shows. I believe that "only time will tell". Throughout the years, I have become sharper in my senses. I notice that we can't just judge someone by how that person presents himself/herself infront of the crowd. A person may have a great persona when he is on stage but may not be as kind hearted when you know him personally.

But having said that - not all the men that I met who are charismatic have a hidden/obvious agenda when they "show off" their charisma. I know of a person whom I will not name here - who is really charismatic and is really a good person at heart. Only after years of being not under his leadership, then I know that he was such a cultivating and inspirational leader.

So, not all charismatic leaders are bad. Just don't be fooled by their "on-stage" personas. Take time to understand what they are like. Listen objectively to what others have to say about the person. Then, make a judgement. After all, after many years of judging the person I mentioned about, I really still feel that he is sincerely a good guy who is at the same time charismatic.

CC

Comments

Popular Posts