2398

The car plate number of my new car is 2398. It really represents what I feel is important in life. "23" in cantonese means - "to be able to upgrade easily" and/or "to live a life that is relaxed and relatively smooth". Obviously "98" means to stay rich for an extended period of time. Very supersitious? Maybe? But I realised that there is a reason why people are superstitious...especially Chinese.

Have you ever wondered why people ask Feng Shui masters to their homes and why they ask for auspicious dates and times for weddings, moving house and big events? This tradition has been passed down from generation to generation.

That's because, when people do all these things. They feel that they are more at ease and "good luck" will befall them. Maybe win Toto or 4D. Haha, perhaps that is the reason why we named our dog "Teo Toto" which means win Toto (the lottery). My husband really won Toto twice but its only $90 each win.

Traditions of taking up auspicious names, dates, rituals...are actually blessings handed from our parents/friends to us. We should treasure traditions. In fact, I have learnt to treasure these traditions even more after I got married to Edwin. I think the family tradition of having dinner together during big occasions is very meaningful on many levels.

CC

Let me know if you need the number of a good Feng Shui master, I have one. By the way, he is not the kind that asks you to buy over-priced ornaments and place them all around your place. He will just ask you make tweaks to your place so that the "qi" flows better, and he will also advise you on the light and space of your place.

Comments

Popular Posts