The Beauty of Sleeping Early

I have a friend whom I shall nick as Cinderella. This person sleeps at 12am every weekday night and goes home relatively early at 7pm almost every weekday. I am amazed at how efficient he is. Actually, I always tend to sleep late, wake up late, go to work late, work till late, come back late and then sleep late. I have decided to change this. I think the most important thing is to work efficiently during the day so that I am able to go for social activies and go home early and have enough and sufficient rest to meet the next day's work - this is also advocated by my mentor. After two years of working, I finally realized this.

So I have started from Monday, I will try to sleep at 12.15am at most, wake up early, go to work early, efficiently finish work delegated to me and leave a portion of my time to ponder over ideas about my work - how I can add value to my work etc., try to go home before 7.30pm/ or go for some social activities (with friends, husband, exercising etc.). Only if really really need be I will stay later to finish my work. I think I am on my way to have a healthy and balanced lifestyle.

But don't be mistaken, I am still a workaholic...after I am back from work. I read newspaper, scouring for finance news, I watch CNA, I read yahoo! and bloomberg news. I am still working...but I am working to think about ideas...and...i still enjoy myself cos I am interested in all these stuff....and I watch SCV, I MSN, I Blog...this is what I call a balanced lifestyle....

Thanks Cinderella my friend...haha!

Comments

Popular Posts