I won't want to be a 40 year old virgin


I have nothing against individuals who wish to keep their chasity till they are married. I have also nothing against people who believe that no matter how old they get they want to give it to the one they truly love. But I won't want to be a 40 year old virgin. In the olden days, people value chasity as if as it is synonymous with their life. If girls in the olden days was raped in a village, she was even expected to kill herself out of shame.

I think now more young people are 'sexually liberated'. But I do admit less so for the Asian community because we are still quite traditional. But I know a couple of people around me that have started to become sexually active at quite a young age. While many view this as a problem, I will rather view it as a natural tendency to follow trends from the west - where teens start having sex early. The only thing I think - is to make it clear to these teens- on how to protect themselves against AIDs and unwanted pregnancy. Like in this movie, the guy is a 40 year old virgin who don't even know how to put on a condom. How did that ever happen? Did'nt the instructions clearly state 'Cover the penis area when erected with the condom'. Haha...it is quite hilarious. So it doesnt matter at what age a person gets sexually active but what matters is what he actually knows about protecting himself.

But hang on. Don't think that I am the kind that started to be sexually active early...haha...I did not. In fact, I only started after I met my current husband. Virgos I think are more like that. We tend to meet someone we really like, we tend to be risk takers and do what we feel, but in the end we are still responsible for our actions and will still marry the person that we love.

The sad part about the movie is how ignorant that guy is about sex. For example, about masturbation, about a woman's needs, about sexual arousals etc. He is too preoccupied with himself, with his hobby and his life. I liked that guy I think he looks good, and I hope that he is only ficticious but hey in 'The New Paper' there is this guy that said that ' I am a 50 year old virgin and happy with it'. Well, what can I say. It is a matter of choice. I don't discrimate against older-aged virgins. I just hope that they would eventually be happy like the guy in the movie.

For its hilarious scenes and wacky concepts. I give it 4 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts