European Gigolo? Larger Than Life!


The movie this weekend was Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo. My goodness this one is really literally LARGER THAN LIFE. They keep refering back at the private parts of these gigolos - featured as thicker than three bananas put together and longer than two bananas put together. My god, how can that be possible. But whenever, they had photos of the LARGENESS of these 'swanks' - this is how they put it. Everybody laughed, I just simply thought that is really scary. But I laughed along eventually. Another thing - they kept mentioning that Asians' 'swanks' are smaller. Haha! That is quite funny cos all of the guys in the cinema are Asians. But they still laughed at this joke. Perhaps all of them sportingly laughed at themselves.
One other thing is the many services these gigolos provide : 'Breakfast in bed' blah blah. In fact I can only remember one. Is that true? If that is really true this one is really larger than life. Do they mean different poses or different ways or what? I don't really understand. Guess, I am still quite innocent even after I am married.
But one thing I liked about the movie was the way they depicted how Europeans disliked Americans. That is really very entertaining although how true that can be? I really do not know. One of my colleagues from Britain, when I was working ,with one of the larger British banks that set up shop in Singapore, as a temp. I asked my supervisor, who is from Britain. 'What do you think about Americans?' She just flatly said: ' They are just simply stupid.' I was astonished. I always had high regard for the technology innovativeness of Americans, after all - they were the ones that invented Personal Computers, Microsoft Windows, MP3 players, Internet Messengers....I guess perhaps she just happen to have a bias against Americans because she met some that she really disliked. But to me, I really thank American inventors - they did invent quite a number of things which all of use everyday.
I think the movie is suitable for anyone who just wants a good laugh. The storyline is not great, not as good as the original gigolo movie. But nontheless, it did bring us to the scenic Amsterdam, Holland. And opened us up to the culture there - like smoking pot is legal, they use pot to bake chocolate cakes - or otherwise known as space cakes, weather casters who takes off their clothes as they report the weather....quite an insight actually. It did make me rather attracted to travel there for a while. In the end, I give it 3.5 stars for its truly LARGER than LIFE depiction of life as a male gigolo in Europe.
Haha, after being a movie critic for so long in my own blog, I did not even write down what the stars I give mean.
Please see below:
1 star - Don't watch please
2 stars - Can watch, but make sure you are not sleepy
3 stars - Can watch, but occupy yourself with lots of popcorn, tacos and coke light
4 stars - Definitely can watch, in fact it will be a real pity if you miss it
5 stars - No need popcorns, the movie is so exciting that you will be stuck to your seats - forget about toilet breaks and hugging your spouse - you cannot take your eyes off the screen

Comments

Popular Posts