I have Dengue I think!

I think I have dengue.

Symtons:

1) Severe Headache
2) Body ache
3) Lethargic
4) Loss of appetite
5) Nausea
6) Fever

I think I have dengue fever, I am going to wait for two more days and confirm when I see the red spots. I think I will need to go to the doctors and inject the dunno what into my blood stream. I guess it is just bad luck!



What is dengue fever?

Dengue fever is a viral infection that usually starts suddenly with a high fever, rashes, severe headache, pain behind the eyes, as well as muscle and joint pains. The severity of the joint pain has given dengue the name, "break-bone fever." Nausea feeling, vomiting, and loss of appetite are other common symptoms. A rash usually appears three to four days after the start of the fever. The illness can last up to ten days, but complete recovery can take as long as a month. The dengue virus has four strains called serotypes 1, 2, 3 and 4. Getting infected with one serotype does not protect you against the other serotypes. In fact, getting a second dengue infection, particularly with serotype 2, leads to an even worse infection such as Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever and Dengue Shock Syndrome which can be fatal. While most cases of dengue are not serious, it is important to note that with dengue haemorrhagic fever, bleeding may occur from the nose, mouth, and gums. There are small red spots on the skin and the urine may contain blood. Without prompt treatment, the blood vessels can collapse, causing shock, also known as dengue shock syndrome. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is fatal in about 5 percent of the cases, mostly among children and young adults.

Source: Singapore Health Promotion Board

Comments

Popular Posts