Dog Lovers Beware

Dog lovers beware. You will cry in the movie, so get ready packets of tissue. The movie 'Eight Below' is a touching tale on how the handsome owner of the dogs unbearingly left behind his eight dogs in the Antartica.



The sled dogs were beautiful, look at the pics and they were resting on white snow, which made the scenes in the movie even more serene. Beautiful dogs and while snow-capped mountains. But there were heart strung moments that I almost teared. It was when two of the eight dogs died in the wilderness. I guess dogs are really amazing animals, especially the way that they are so loyal to their owners. I am quite inspired by the movie. Despite the simple storyline (well the story line is really about how the dogs survived by themselves), I feel that the movie is depicting something realistic. When the sled dogs actually saved characteristics in the movie from an impending snow storm, it touched me.

I went to a pet shop today, just to get a glimpse of these cute adorable creatures. But after much deliberation I decided not to get one yet. I am busy studying for my examinations. Besides, can I really commit taking care of these animals for at least 10 years? I am doubtful. But they are really very cute. Maybe I will own one to accompany me when I am older....

I give this movie 3.5 stars (for non dog-lovers) and 4 stars (for dog-lovers). Why the difference? Dog lovers will identify better with what the lead character in the movie is going through. I think.

Comments

Popular Posts