War Of The Worlds - 4 stars



I was deeply impressed by the movie, it is not really by the special effects or by the storyline. I was impressed with Tom Cruise. I liked Tom since I was young, I loved the way his eyes looked. I am usually not impressed with short guys but Tom is really suave. But far from the days of Mission Impossible...his acting has improved. I find that I am really convinced of him playing a fatherly role.

Actors play young people, get married, have children, get old and die. How do they keep up with their age? They can't look young forever. Do you remember Wan Qi Liang playing a 16 year-old in the 'Golden Pillow' many years ago? It just doesnt make sense. I mean unless he is like Jimmy Lim, who still looks like he is 16 even though he is in his late 20s. I can't actually understand why actors can't look at themselves in the mirror and act their age.

Actually, there are a lot of commendable actors and actresses that have aged graceful personally and publicly. One good example would be Tom Cruise, he is definitely not going act as a teenager. Other good examples would be Leonardo Di Carpio, Brad Pitt... They are still good looking...

By now, if you know me well enough, you would already know that I am the kind that like the young looking kind. My hubby looks like he is 17 (when he is wearing T-shirt and jeans). I like it cos I think that it is great to have somebody looking young sleeping beside you everyday.

Anyway, I think that just with Tom Cruise's acting itself, I give it FOUR STARS.

Comments

Popular Posts