fantastic four - not as fantastic as i thought - 2.5 stars


Now its time for me to become a film critique again, I might have to change the name of my blog to film ctritique by cc in the near future. LOL. I went to see the movie with my brother. I told him to choose between Batman Begins and Fantastic Four and he chose this one. The Fantastic Four is a comic series that has been around for a number of years. I knew briefly about their superpowers (which is similar to The Incredibles - which is inspired by the F4) and my colleague gave me a brief overview of the comic.

I was slightly disappointed overall but my brother was quite happy with it. The special effects were good and the story line was so-so. What I did not really like was the lack of character development about the emotional aspects between the characters. For example, 'The Thing' which is the 'Stone-like creature' was ditched by his wife when his wife could not accept 'his new funky look'. Well, I think it does bring out that 'beauty, in this case, is skin deep'. After being ditched, 'the thing' aka 'ben' didnt spend any effort to call Debbie (his former wife), even try to meet her or try to reconcile with her through 'Mr Fantastic'. Then he went to this pub and met a blind girl who seemingly literally 'touched him'. Then he was mixing with this girl after that and nothing about his wife of 5 years was mentioned. Just wondering, where did Debbie go?

I think probably there will be F4 part II, it is definitely incomplete, Dr Doom was sent to Latevia without giving the audience a clue whether if he is already solidified (he has a metal body and it was heated up and cooled - and it solidified) or still alive? The ending was abrupt and a little strange because I didnt feel satisfied.



My Take: 2.5 stars, watch with your little brother, little sister, nephew, nieces, don't watch with boyfriend or husband or friends - cos there is little meaning. Children might find it more enjoyable and you could actually be amused at their faces when they saw the characters change to super normal.....

Comments

Popular Posts